Open Call for Artists: Come and organise a summer course in the Nordic House in the Faroe Islands
Summer courses and workshops for children and young people 22 June - 14 August
Do you have an idea for a workshop or a course for children or young people? Then we would love to hear from you. This summer, for the third year in a row, we are going to offer summer courses for children and young people aged 6-16 years. We have previously offered courses and workshops in music, sound design, textiles, visual art, film, and dance, but all art forms are welcome as well as other activities (e.g., tech, politics, languages, comedy, etc.).
The courses will be held in the period between 22 June and 14 August 2022 during the venue’s opening times.
- The course/workshop can take place once, once a week, or over a few days. Other formats are also possible
- If your workshop is short – e.g., 1 hour – then it must be possible to schedule more than one session in a day
- It is an advantage if the course/workshop has a Nordic aspect and/or can be linked to one or more of the following areas: sustainability, equality, inclusion and the perspective of children and young people
- The course/workshop should be self-sufficient. That means for example that there is no technician present and that the course holder is responsible for setting up and clearing up. You will receive instructions on how to play music through the speakers, use the projector, etc.
- The course/workshop must be suited to be held either in the room Norðurstova (max 18 participants) and/or outside
- If you need materials or specific equipment, please detail these (both needs and costs) in the application.
- The Nordic House requires all course instructors to provide a child protection certificate.
The Nordic House will pay a fee of 500 DKK per course hour (maximum 2.000 DKK per day). Preparations are included. If there is more than one instructor for the same course, a separate agreement will be made about the fee. The project does not cover travel costs.
Applications must be submitted digitally via this link
The submission deadline is Sunday 1 May
Applicants will get a reply by 16 May and the courses will be advertised shortly after.
Photo: Ivonna Johansen